Edmund Rice Justice Aotearoa New Zealand was established in 2005 to provide support to people and groups interested in social justice. Our supporters and volunteers have a wide variety of backgrounds, careers and experiences. Our organisation works through the pillars of : Community, Action, Advocacy and Relationships. Our key focus areas are Restorative Justice Conferencing, Community Education and Cross-Cultural Immersion.
We provide services such as:
- Education and resources regarding the impact of social issues in Aotearoa New Zealand and internationally.
- Promotion of restorative justice facilitation in schools and communities.
- Seminars and forums open to the community to promote a greater understanding of the social issues that impact our communities and ways to address them.
- Research of social issues and their impacts. Use the research for communitity discussions and education.
- Information, news and resources on current justice issues.
- Support for new and developing social justice initiatives and projects.
- Critical exploration of the teachings of Edmund Rice inspiration, gospel values and Catholic social teachings.